Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer to a Teacher...

                                         
And we're off!! Not really. I believe that a good teacher's mind never stops working and thinking, simply brainstorming for the next year. I've been at school for a few days now for post planning. I've been tossing around ideas about what lessons to prepare for next year. I have been officially teaching for 13 years now (more if you count long term substitute teaching, after school programs, etc.). One of the many things that I love about my job is that we get to start fresh. There aren't many jobs where you can do that. I have cleaned out my room, torn down the older posters and such, thrown away any old papers and/or rotten examples (some just have to go), and, after our awesome custodial crew waxes the floors, I'll be ready to go for next year. AFTER I get new clear boxes to organize their art in, new containers for storing art materials, and hopefully some wooden shelves for storage. I might be getting... are you ready?? NEW ART TABLES! My students have been drawing on tables that are over ten years old that literally move when you get near them. They have plywood bottoms and are not able to be tightened. A rare angel has said that I might get NEW TABLES. Yes, I am still ecstatic.
                                          
I hope that over the summer, you all take a break, get a little fishing and sunning in, and return completely refreshed. Happy Summer! If you are a student reading this, know that I love you. Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment